Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Being Jeremy Keegan

I read some interesting writing by a friend of mine today and long story short I was inspired to just write something a little different today and go a little introspective.  So, here are some interesting things about me:
- I really like westerns, not so much Clint Eastwood as John Wayne, and my favorite western is The Cowboys.  
- One day I hope to have a farm on which we will raise animals and have a big garden and we'll be much more self-sufficient than we're currently able to be here in town.  I just like the idea of having a family on a farm, working the land, being surrounded by natural beauty.  
- I enjoy different styles of music at different times of the week.  On Mondays, I like to get pumped up with something faster.  Wednesday nights I like something quiet.  Fridays I like the "music of your life" - like Frank Sinatra and friends.  Saturday nights I prefer jazz.  I go through phases where I like country music, but it is usually country music from 30+ years ago, and right now is not one of those times.  
- I am learning to speak, read, and write Chinese (Mandarin).
- If I could get time to do it, I would absolutely love to sit down and read my two volume set of Sherlock Holmes stories cover to cover.  
- My favorite bird is the pelican.  I'm not sure what our connection is, but I'm very taken with them.  One of my favorite things to do on vacation is wake up early and head down to the shore to watch the pelicans.  
- I really like to cook.  I would call myself an "experimental chef."  My favorite thing to cook right now is chili.  
- I used to be afraid of roller coasters as a kid.  Now, as an adult, I can't get enough of them - the bigger, faster, and crazier the better.  
- I have a white german shepherd named Jack.  As a puppy he destroyed most of my furniture. But he's my buddy and the day he goes will be one of the worst days of my life.  
- My two favorite TV shows are the Simpsons and MASH 
- Things that annoy me are unflushed toilets, people that don't smile back, being interrupted, gossip, and when people discontinue making food I really like.
- I cry every time at the end of the movie Hardball - every time.  
- My favorite board game is chess.  
- I am very interested in doing things that help the environment, like drinking right out of the milk carton to save water by not having to do as many dishes
- Something I want to be when I grow up is a writer.  
- I love having a family more than I ever could have imagined, and I would be fine having several more kids.  

I really enjoyed writing this, and hope that it entertains, informs, and inspires you to share more of yourself with those around you.  Relationships.  That's where it's at.  Opening up, being real with people.  Try it today!

No comments: